Health Care Services in BaranThe health care services in Baran are satisfactory as there are private as well as government hospitals and nursing homes to cater to the needs of patients here. Even the government of Rajasthan has come up with quite a number of health schemes, especially for the poor section as well as care of mother and girl child. There are mobile medical units which reach out to remote areas to attend to sick patients and pregnant mothers. Various incentives have been offered by the government to curb female infanticide and also to provide nutrition to women after delivery.
ASHA (Accredited Social Health Activists) Sahayogini is present in each Anganwadi Center apart from Anganwadi Worker and Sahayoka. She provides door to door information and services about nutrition, health and preschool education.
State Sponsored Health Schemes for Women in Baran It is encouraging to note the myriad schemes provided by the government not only in Baran but the entire state of Rajasthan.
- Kalewa Yojana provides food cooked by self help groups to women who deliver at CHC.
- Desi Ghee Scheme for women below poverty line such as families of Sahriya Sahriya and Kathodi Kathodi tribes.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana for providing vitamin supplements and ghee to lactating mothers.
- Yashoda, a health scheme to provide special care and support to mother and newborn.
- Dati Sumangla Scheme related to girl child in which Kisan Vikas Patra is given for the girl child in the family.
Other Health Schemes in Baran
- Swasthya Mitra Yojna is about educating adolescents on health issues.
- Janani Express is a health scheme that promotes institutional deliveries for reducing maternal mortality ratio. Janani Express service Toll free number: 104
- Janmangal Program for promoting use of spacing methods and making contraceptives available in rural areas.
- Jyoti Scheme is applicable for females with no male child and 1-2 female child and have undergone sterilization. This scheme is meant to promote the concept of small families.
- Parivar Kalyan Beema Yojana is an insurance policy in case of death or any complication due to sterilization operation.
- Mukhya Mantri Nishulk Dawa makes available medical services at low cost. Essential medicines made available free of cost to patients.
- Mukhya Mantri Jeevan Rakhsha Kosh (MMJRK) is about distribution of free medicines including investigations, treatment facility (indoor and outdoor) in all Governmental Health Institutions and referrals to AIIMS, New Delhi and PGIMER Institute in Chandigarh.
- Mukhya Mantri Sahayta Kosh for people whose annual income is upto INR 24,000 and who are not included in BPL list. Includes help for cancer treatment, kidney transplantation etc.
- Dhanwantari Ambulance Scheme makes 24x7 emergency service available to the denizens of Baran. It is free of cost and promises to reach the patient in less than 20 minutes.
- Swasthya Chetna Yatra pertains to mobile health units fabricated as ‘raths’ and taken around the district
- Tele-medicine Project is about use of telecommunications to provide support health care when distance is more.
- Mobile Surgical Unit provides free medical and health services to poor people living in remote areas. It is especially helpful for tribals and those who are living in desert areas.
- Rajiv Gandhi MMU is for poor people residing in desert areas and far off or inaccessible areas
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0